View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BlueRose31

Recovering after major depression

Hi, I´m new here.

I have been sober for more than 20 years and go to meetings regularly. However, I get episodes of severe depressions and is just recovering from a very bad one. It started last November. I broke up with someone, my teenager wrecked my car, I bought another one and she wrecked it as well. Had to get a tooth fixed for lots of money. I had so much work I was burning the candle at both ends and finally I crashed. I stopped going to meetings and stopped using my recovery tools, so I spiraled into a deep depression, not wanting to see anyone or going anywhere. Getting out of bed was a nightmare, I went to work and came home to sleep, because sleep was the only thing that got me out of this torture.
Finally at the end of April, I started going back to AA and Coda, started meditating, walking and swimming again. I went to see my doctor to see if I needed to adjust my medication. I´m still fragile and my self-esteem is low, but I´m hoping to be able to pick up the pieces and start living again. I still feel lonely, but things are getting better.
Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you.