Thread: Sos
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
dpac414

Hey everyone,

it has been a DAY. Im feeling a little unstable in my sobriety right now so any words of wisdom are appreciated but not required.

I’m the only manager at the front gates this weekend, and we were shortstaffed as it was. The day was already extremely busy and hot, and I am just beat. I really feel like drinking today, I don’t want to because I won’t get a good nights sleep for tomorrow, but it really feels like that would take the edge off and make me relax. I’m trying really hard not to romance a drink, but it’s hard today. I really like my staff this year, but a lot of them don’t think or try to figure out a problem before calling me, and the phone is ringing every five seconds. I’m the only one here, as I mentioned, so I’ve been running around everywhere sweating and unable to even sit down and eat. I really like this job a lot, and I’m not trying to complain, but it’s just been really exhausting today. A shower beer sounds amazing.

I feel like I’ve just hit a total wall, not necessarily in sobriety, but just today. I still have an hour and a half left, and I’m trying to head off this craving before it really hits me when I leave work today. Thanks all for listening.
ugh.