Old 06-08-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Morning Lovely Weekenders! Drizzly morning here and grey clouds rolling down the valley and hilltops, looks beautiful when you're all snug in the house looking out

Sorry but this is probably gonna be a long post haha!

Had an interesting few weeks which has tested how far I have come and changed as a person in the last year. I feel like I passed the test though and that is a really good feeling.

There was a situation at work where I was in a meeting with the boss and two others. He was angry about something else and took it out on me. He started raising his voice at me and being generally difficult and rude. Everyone else puts up with it but I am not everyone else lol. I let it slide for a while but had to set a boundary so eventually said "This is clearly getting fractous and it would be best if we took 5 mins time out and re-grouped when we were calmer". He flipped his lid, shouted even more and said "No I want to do this now!" to which I replied "I am sorry but I am not willing to continue this conversation till you have calmed down". It forced him to stop, we picked up the conversation about 30 minutes later and it all went fine. A year ago I would have taken him on right there in the room and probably mirrored his behaviour back at him. It would have been an almighty row and I probably would have told him to shove his job up his ar$e lol.

There have been a few situations like this, but I have been calm, fair, professional and rationale at all times. I have not let it upset me, tie me up in knots, or hold onto the negative feelings, I have let it go each time. Things have changed, he no longer speaks down to me, he no longer raises his voice, he listens to me now and actually asks for my opinion. I can tell this is challenging for him, I can see him feeling like he wants to be rude or shout, but he takes a deep breath and stops himself. Maybe when I get to my 6 month appraisal he will let me go as having to behave himself is too much like hard work haha but maybe he has learned to respect me...we will see!

Thanks for asking about my holiday plans Andy! I am going to spend the weekend cleaning the house and getting it spic and span, sorting my paperwork and doing the mundane stuff like my tax return, fill in forms for the re-mortgage on my house. This means from Monday I can have a week of doing fun stuff and having a proper relax It will be my 1 year sober birthday on Tuesday and I wanted to be by the sea on that day so I booked a lovely little B&B for two nights near an 8 mile beach walk. Had to do a lot of research to find one that long as there not that easy to find in the UK being a small island. It's about 5 hours drive from my house but really looking forward to it and hoping the weather will be kind to me

Anyhow, enough rambling from me and to close I just say "I don't drink" and that is it. If someone asks why I say I don't like alcohol. Nothing more xx