View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
jimmyJlover

Greatly appreciate everyone's feedback here. I am out of my funk, but it took some grit. It won't be the last. This ain't easy peasy, and I'm realizing if you indeed have an alcohol problem and want a plan for a sober life, you have to work at it. And yes, it really is 1 day, 24hrs at a time I guess.

The 24hr mantra is definitely a cliche, but it works. So why not adapt to it? It puts life into perspective.

One other tidbit I have learned over the past 7 months is that I need tools. This means a variety of avenues to utilize in living a sober life. The key is having multiple, so if one tool isn't working or a kink pops up, you move on with the next.

I can only speculate with this being the longest I've ever been sober, but as the year progresses I am approaching things in life I've never completed sober. As the seasons change I am circling around to situations I previously would have always associated with alcohol. I am facing these situations head on. So looking back can put a negative aspect on things, but if I look forward I can remind myself the true hardships I felt with those moments, and if honest with myself, I will recall those events were not actually that fun with the associated negatives alcohol brought with it. This is key for me folks.

I appreciate everyone of you. This place is an excellent resource!