View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Zamie

MindfulMan, thank you for that incredibly inspiring post. If I feel my resolve waning I'll definitely re-read your words.

If I'm really honest, there's still a big part of me that refuses to believe that I'm an alcoholic. But rather someone who let their alcohol consumption get out of control. But the more I read these stories and comments, the more certain I am that I don't ever want to go back to where I was 18 days ago.

Crouching behind the kitchen bench and swigging neat vodka straight from the bottle like it was fizzy pop.

Feeling guilty and disgusted with myself the next morning when I saw that I'd actually got through two thirds of a bottle instead of the usual half.

Trying to sell myself the old 'I'm a creative, therefore of course I'm going to drink more than most people' ********. I'm no Ernest Hemingway.

I'm so glad I stumbled on this site, I think it's going to make a big difference in the long run. I can't say that I'll never drink again, but I can say that right now I don't want to drink - and that's a huge step in the right direction.

Thank you.