View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
amy55

Meadow,

I was married for 26 years. I can understand the going back and forth. I don't know how long you were together this time, you didn't say that. I can tell you though that sometimes they seem to have a period of good behavior, but that only lasts for a certain amt of time, until they feel like the "got you" again. I have no doubt that he will be calling again.

I have no idea of what damage he did to your self esteem, and self confidence this time. (If he has his way, this is not the last time)

He will find all of your weaknesses and use them all against you. He will punish you with this. If one of your weaknesses is being alone, he will start to abandon you so that you will be so happy that he came back.

You have a 15 year old son. Do you want him to see a man treating you this way? I do understand that there are a lot of good times also.

I stayed for 25 years, 1 year before I left I kept a journal. I would mark down all the days that my ex attacked me verbally and emotionally, I would also mark down all the good days. That year there were only 35 good days. I can't even say now that they were good days because those good days were the worst for me. I was walking on eggshells, so that I would not upset him. So, in actuality, I had no good days that last year before I left, then I started to think about the last 4, or 5 or 6 years prior to that. I realized that I was always walking on eggshells.

(((((((((((((( hugs))))))))))))
amy