SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Looking for a book with roles in a family with an alcoholic, particularly scapegoat.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alysheba

I have been identified as the "identified patient" or scapegoat in my family and it is an absolutely horrible thing to be saddled with, I don't know if this happened to you, but it stuck, well after my father (an alcoholic who the sun rose and set on for me) died I was devastated and my family treats me worse than ever, which has been like 25 years. I suspect my mother is a dry drunk. She's awful. Her dad was an alcoholic and physically as well as mentally extremely abusive, which she denies. I couldn't stand her father either (my grandfather-icky). My dad's family was SO much nicer and all she did while growing was tell us that his family was terrible and low class. I mean what snob and a mean thing to say. I loved my dad's parents.
I would love to know if anyone did have a recommendation on this too. I'll look at amazon too, or maybe the library?
Thank you and good luck, Heather! ♥♥♥

... In October 2008 King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia returned Alysheba to his homeland...
Alysheba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alysheba For This Useful Post:
Mango212 (07-18-2019)