View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by PerSe View Post

Today is is the day. Movers are coming soon. It will be my first night in the new place.

I spent all all of yesterday meandering about in F.O.G.(fear, obligation, guilt) while packing up things and thinking of how today, the actual moving out, will be such a significant milestone in the ending of this relationship. Enough to ensure I was completely distraught all day. At some point I had the realization that I have grieved, thought through, reasoned, pondered, wrestled with, and anguished enough. It’s over. I don’t need to answer that desperately persistent question of whether he is an alcoholic. I am not responsible for his pain management. I’m moving. Literally. And it really is time to move on in my head too. He’s not going to make some Hail Mary plea here at the end and commit to recovery. And I’m not going to keep living with a heavy alcohol user.
Don't forget to give yourself time & space too - our kids definitely need us but in very stressful times like these it's a Win just getting through some days without things degenerating further.... just getting the To-Do list tackled & everybody fed can be A LOT. Sometimes Our Very Best is just holding steady & that's ok. It took a long time to get to this place that you are all at but you won't stay there forever.

Best of luck with everything today!!