View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
August252015

JimmyJ - it's never to let to give any program a try. Whatever "addition" that means to you. I know plenty of folks who didn't start AA right away, or did it gradually - like my husband, who came to a meeting about 4 sober; he became a 1-2x a week goer with me, but it was quite awhile before he decided to work the program himself. He'd built a base of other things which largely jibed w 12 step work, and it became an extension of his program.

The one good thing a day is a great way to think of a simple addition to our good sober daily life. A couple things I do - a friend started me on the habit of writing someone random in my life a note each month; I like stationery so I just pick someone who pops to mind! A more day-to-day thing is a deliberate text to someone who comes to mind- I was amazed when I did that on Fri to a dear friend who recently had a baby, turns out she was in town and we had lunch - and she had something really important to share. Most of the time, it's much more mundane but everyone appreciates a hello! I also learned the people's names at the place I get a diet coke every day and use them - hopefully that makes at least one person who recognizes them as more than the random drive thru person.