View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
August252015

Great topic and wise friends above have shared good stuff.

It really is such a process. MLD51 and Scott have really good observations - and I'd add something my sponsor said after I broke down sobbing about a wk after doing my 4th and 5th. It was like the weight of alllllll the horrible things (yep, immoral, illegal, insane, rude, reckless and so on...) hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks.

She suggested that if I could acknowledge something when it pops up, accept it as true and tuck it back in a kind of mental box, that would help me keep going in my peace, sobriety, and living/ongoing amends by my choices. As I have gone along, seeing my part separate from other people's has 2 sides in most cases- I have to admit and own and if appropriate make amends for what WAS my part - but I can also be relieved at letting their part be theirs.

Some days? Just literally being sober, and maybe taking a shower and putting on a cute outfit, then eating ice cream for dinner, has to be enough. Not even kidding about that last part in particular.

I shared this quote on instagram today - "It's a beautiful day to do the things that are hard for you. Don't judge yourself because your hard things aren't hard for others." It spoke to me about letting myself "be" and putting the next right choice into action. It's one of those fairly light mood yet need to be gentle with myself kinda days.