Thread: My PTSD is back
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Jeniiiiiiii

First of all hello, my friend, I’ve missed you.

I’ve been reading all the answers her Jen and you have had such great advice , I don’t think I could add anything better.

I think the fact that you are such an empathetic caring soul is the reason you are going to excel at this.

You are having trouble detaching from the pain as you are so emotionally invested.

But this is what you need to do because you are so good at it.

Treat it the same way as a vet who starts out with all the hope and wide eyed wisdom of saving every animal, then is confronted with things they didn’t want to
have to deal with .

You harden up to a certain extent because it’s self preservation. That’s human nature. You just have to.

But when you can learn to compartmentalise seperate issues, you will find it gets a little easier .

Allow yourself to have grief for this wonderful boy , don’t let it become all consuming.

If you do, it will affect how you are able to deal with your next issue.
That would be such a disservice to your good intentions Jen.

Allow yourself a certain time to grieve ( I know it’s not as easy as saying it ) but it can be done.

This way everyone gets the best of you and you have SO much to give.

This is PERFECT for you and I’m so very proud of you. Not only for your 3 years of sobriety but for what you are now giving back.

You’re an awesome human Jeni. I’ve always known that. Don’t be too hard on yourself and think of how lucky those people who you are helping are.

Breathe, smell the roses and keep being the utter awesomeness that is you Jen