View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Numblady

Aly, thinking of you. Hoping all went well at appointment.

Grateful to join Anaya in looking forward to being barefoot (or any foot) on the beach. For me it will be about two months from now though.
Grateful that a long time ago (over 2 decades) when I first started running (and any fitness) some jerk craned his hairy arm out of his car and yelled “run faster, fat a##!” It was so unkind and unnecessary but it certainly motivated me, primarily to not want to be the kind of person who goes out of their way to be hateful but of course also to keep running.
Grateful to have been able to help a former neighbor care for her dog and pay vet bills until the very last one, which came yesterday when he was put to sleep. Grateful for all the memories I had in the old neighborhood taking him for walks (long story but he was kept in a small pen and I would walk him whenever I could...after she got knee surgery she also began walking him as much as possible thank goodness) and the sheer delight he would express when he would see me coming. My heart breaks a little I couldn’t do more but I’m glad for what I could do. I’m glad she came to trust me and that I could call her and tell her how much I cared about her and was checking on her.
Grateful for a compassionate vet.
Grateful the kids are doing bike to school day. Grateful for events like that promoting wellness and community. Grateful to my husband for leading the ride.
Grateful to keep inching toward summer.
Grateful for all the compassion and kindness in this group.
Grateful to have another day to surrender, to be of service, to check my ego, to direct energy to improving the lives and well-being of others.