View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Cosima11

Hi Lacey, I've lurked on your thread but never commented before. I think a lot of people here can relate to having to confront "less damaging" forms of addiction after quitting their DOC. I'm not an AA person but do understand the steps provide a way to get at the root issues beneath those behaviors. Imo there are lots of other valid paths too.

You explain it perfectly when you say "I only feel emotions about food and losing weight". And if it's not about that, I'm betting it's about the guy. I had to stop assigning my emotions to another person, substance, or idea (being thin, how much I weigh). This is simply a narrative or soundtrack I'm creating to make sense of the pain, anger, frustrations, etc. that would be there regardless. If I stop the narrative I take back my power to own and manage what's going on within myself.

It's a cliche but have you tired yoga and meditation? Have you delved into spirituality on your own terms? Have you opened yourself to the possibility of dating other people? People who are emotionally and physically available.. At this point it seems your obsession with the guy and food are intertwined, but neither of those things define you. You are worthy of receiving as much as you give in a relationship.

Glad you've found a job you're happier with now at least, wishing you the best..