View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Kixster……..since it will take some time for the interventionist to do background work...now would be a good time for you to begin reading and learning about alcoholism and the effects on the loved ones.....
The links that trailmix gave you contains a lot...a lot...of information, gathered into one place. There are over 100 articles in the Classic Reading link.....
If you haven't already read it....I suggest that you read the most often recommended book, on this site..."Co-Dependent No More"....It is an easy read and I think a lot of it will resonate with you...
In addition, attending alanon meetings for you...and, alateen for your daughter will give you the kind of emotional support that you will be needing.....

You will need as much education and support as your husband.....because this disease effects and involves the whole family....
I hope that the intervention works out....but, keep in mind that rehab is just the first step towards making life-long life changes.....
The future is not, yet, written....so,it will be necessary for you to be prepared for however it turn out......and, your daughter, as well, because she has been living this for many years, also.....

I hope that you will keep reading and posting.....