View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kixster

Moving Forward...now

Over the weekend I tried once again to get through to my husband and convince him of the need for him to quit drinking.I have already arranged a professional intervention but had decided to give it one last ditch effort in hopes that he could somehow find his own initiative and strength to work on quitting with the help and support of those who care about him.Friday when he drove to the store to get another bottle his stepdaughter and I rode with him and on the way I got the courage to approach him in a loving manner and expressed just how much we love him and told him that it was time for him to quit and told him that I know it won't be easy and that I would help him slowly ween himself off the alcohol (OK don't laugh & know that I feel like a total idiot at this point and you will see why as you continue to read this) Anyway...I told him that he could get his bottle but I would be keeping it under lock and key and provide him a daily alcohol ration which would be reduced slowly in the amount of the ration given. The 1st ration did NOT go well,I gave him a whole pint (My husband drinks a half gallon every 2 days) Anyway..Instead of trying to work with his 1st ration sensibly,he quickly consumed it in less than an hour it was gone! Not long after drinking that he became mean and tried to instigate a fight/argument by verbally attacking me and my daughter.We did not feed into his actions and just tried to ignore him.He continued his antics and crazy behavior until he passed out.Yesterday on Mother Day I awoke to a very drunk husband too,he had drank his daily ration before I had awoke at 7:30 am and was stumbling all over and told me happy mothers day and then told me he was going to drive to McDonnalds to get me an egg Mc-muffin for breakfast..I calmed him down and said no please don't I'm not hungry right now and it's all good,i'm fine.He settled down and passed out on the couch.Sunday night is the start of his work nights and he works the graveyard shift,so of course I get up this Monday morning and he has drank his daily ration and is sitting there all stressed out and mumbling about that he is so tired but cannot go to bed until he called one of his debtors and tried to work out something with them because he is 2 months behind in payments..he goes out to his car to talk to them on the phone so I have no idea how that went and then he cranks up the stereo in his car jams out a while and finally comes back in the house and passes out.Well now I'm doing things around the house and needed a tool and the tool box is in his truck.Well guess what else I found in his truck...a brand new bottle of booze which I figure he thought he had safely hidden away for himself in his time of "need" .I know now that my idiotic plan of weening him slowly off the booze is never going to work ...So time for plan B I am going forward with the intervention ASAP.Moving Forward NOW!