Old 05-13-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ayers

PaulS - my only, and I mean only tools are and were SR.

For the days running up to quit-day and the days after, I spent hours and hours just reading here on the site.

And I didn't drink. Everytime I had an urge to drink, I would log on here/ have a glass of water/ coffee/ take a walk through the garden/ brush my teeth ... anything, just to break that moment.

As the days went by the urges became further and further apart. I started seeing some really positive changes in myself - physically and emotionally - and started feeling a little teeny bit proud of myself.

But, I wasn't sharing this load with anyone - not even my husband.
I only had SR to turn to, and I used it . I took the advice I got, I read what was suggested and got through day by day. Sometimes hour by hour.Read the threads on Addictive voice Therapy, (AVR), join an AA group if there is one close to you. Even join other sites on the web if it will help. Read some books - there's a whole list of suggested reading on this site.

You CAN do this. I promise you, I never ever thought I could, and I did. And so can you. ((()))
All you need is the desire to quit, and then taking action to actually do it, and quit.