Thread: Challenges
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Happyvale

Originally Posted by Callas View Post
Sober life requires so much more than just being sober.
In my first week of sobriety after at least 3 years....that statement seems incredibly profound to me - but hopefully in a good way. I do not mean to lack compassion for your plight, but I am fortified to hear you have too much time on your hands in sobriety. For the past great while I have yearned for more time to do the various project props I have collecting dust around my home. I have puzzles and adult colouring books; a buskers amp for that senior citizens home project of singing old standards; old furniture pieces I want to refinish; a website blog domain I pay for but have not posted in; taxes I have not done in a number of years (eeek); closets I need to clean; gyms I don't go to; about 20 cheaps wigs that needs styling for that singing project thing; a drawer full of recipes I have not cooked; online courses I want to take.... I could go on and on

I'm sorry you are unable to read as I know that has given me a lot of pleasure in past sobriety.

I can honestly say that drinking has been my most all consuming hobby for way too many years - so it stands to reason that once we sober we wonder - now what do I do? Perhaps your creative muscle has atrophied - but I sincerely believe we all have one. Ha...I am pretty sure I even have an online course on my laptop I purchased about 6 months ago that is intended to help one find their life purpose. ha ha...and I'm pretty sure I can add another email address to it for a second user. Give me your email address and I'll add you (joke...maybe?).

There is a big ole world out there just waiting for you to take a big ole bite out of it. I don't buy there is nothing to do. Unfortunately, I don't know you well enough to say "hey, remember when you wanted to do this? or that?". Everybody has those.... don't they?

(oh yeahhhh....and an ebook on my phone called "Sober Curious" I have not read)