View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Ugh!

I figured he would be back when money was running low. His Sister will have no use for him soon.

Actions not words, he just promised to come "home" and seek recovery, well until his drugs were threatened. You cannot believe a word he says at this point.

He is well past being the guy you knew him to be. Granted it seems like he can "act" like that guy, but that is not who is running the show - and it is a show. He just lied to you, nothing more.

You can go no contact, his belongings and mail are not your problem, they are his to take care of. His parole officer knowing where he is has nothing to do with you. You can drive his items over and dump them outside his Sister's house or tell him they will be out front tomorrow at noon and you suggest he picks them up before someone else gets them. He can get his mail forwarded wherever he likes, in the meantime writing No longer at this address and posting them is what you can do IF you feel like it, otherwise just toss the mail in the garbage. If he can't be bothered with it why on earth would you be?

I think you are still holding out hope here? The only thing that will happen if he comes back is he will use you for money and a place to stay and eat and sleep while he sources more drugs. He is chosing the drugs, he keeps doing it.

You know, at this point letting him come back may actually enable him to death. You aren't holding him up, you are not allowing him to face the consequences of what he is doing, so he doesn't have to, which enables him to keep using without consequences.

I KNOW absolutely that is not your intention, but if you are providing for him so he can be free to use, well you know what I mean. I don't know where he gets his spending money when he's not using your injury payout money but if you are giving it to him or just keeping him and he uses his income for drugs, may as well just give him the drug money?

I hope you care enough about yourself and if not, about him, to go no contact. I would hope that after that the FOG (fear, obligation, guilt) might clear for you a bit.