View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Katerina1072 View Post
I just can't wait to stop feeling so crappy. I have been through many relationships in my lifetime, including divorce, but this one has really knocked me off me feet. Addiction makes things so much worse because while you want to hate the person, you still feel sorry for them.
All dysfunctional relationships are hard to recover from, whether that is with a narcissist or someone with other mental health issues or addiction.

The reason why, in my opinion, is you are presented with two people. Great, kind, good hearted guy and mean, thoughtless, selfish etc guy.

So which guy is he?

I dated a narcissist for about a year and a half and I found myself doing this, I mean all people have good days and bad but these folks, like addicts, are extreme.

I could excuse the yelling, screaming, blaming and poor treatment because the rest of the time it was great! The sun shone from me pretty much according to him when he wasn't screaming at me on the phone or making up stupid stories to try to make me jealous.

Anyway, my point is, it can be tough to meld these "two" personalities. The person, like all people is the good and the not so good, or in some cases the bad. Not two people, not two personalities, one person, one personality.

So, I wouldn't worry to much about feeling sorry for him. There are a hundred places probably within a 100 mile radius where he could go for help and he chooses not to, he chooses that, no one is holding a gun to his head.

There is a saying around here, let go or be dragged, don't let him drag you down with him.

Do you not believe you deserve better than this?