View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Katerina1072

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
In my case when she finally understood that the flow of help & money from me was over she simply up & vanished. We didn't have a fight or even any bad words about it - just poof gone. June 2019 will be a year since she vanished.

June of 2017 is when I detached from her. We had a few interactions & longer periods of not talking at all for a year. The contacts which did take place were all bad - all major problems going on with her.

When you finally stop enabling he may vanish too.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I know it's the truth. I told him I was done enabling, and I set boundaries. Guess he didn't like that, so he left. But he insists on telling me he does have hope that things will work out, and that even though I've lost hope, he's going to carry it for both of us and that he is going to get help. It may be months, it may be weeks, but I still feel like a yo-yo because of it.

I know that I don't want the fear, the panic and the distrust in my future. It's just hard letting go of the past is all....those good times when his addiction wasn't ruining things.