Old 04-30-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi Surfbee, I'm sorry to hear you are in so much emotional pain.

First things first, as always (but bears repeating) please look after yourself with kindness. Lots of rest, eat (even if you don't feel like it), post as much as you want, hash it out here, with friends, vent!

You are not alone.

What he said about you being "too emotional and hormonal", that is absolutely untrue, it's just not the truth. You are not "too" anything (unless YOU decide you are). Now the truth may be he can't handle emotional displays, that's him, it's not you. I just think it's important to identify these things because the alternate here implies there is something inherently "wrong" with you.

Secondly, "He said if I really love him then why do I take what he says so personally? Why do I get so easily hurt"? Makes exactly zero sense. It's a contradiction. You care about him (which implies you care about what he thinks) so - when I say destructive, hurtful things to you, why do you get upset and hurt? That's quacking right there.

Now, on to the most important thing there, you and your little one. Well, a few weeks ago you mentioned you had sat down and worked out the finances and nuts and bolts of all this and you will manage fine. Keep that uppermost in your mind. You are safe, you are going to be ok.

Rally the troops, you have friends, you have acquaintances, you have family, lean on them.

Look forward. Your worse case scenario right now is that you are going to be a single parent with a lovely child. That's not really a bad thing!

As for him, well, you know all too well how it goes when someone is white-knuckling it. He is horribly unreliable. Until he decides to exit the ride he will go in these circles. It's funny you know, he claims you are too "emotional" and is that just a mirror? He is very fickle to be throwing stones.

It hurts. Even when it's really no good, it hurts! I know you know that you are going to have to ride out these emotions. Just know that you will be ok, you really will be. Again, be kind to yourself.