View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Guener

Sounds like it must have been a beautiful weekend, Free. I haven't been to that park myself but know some people who have been, and I marveled at their pictures. I'm glad that you got out into some natural surroundings for a break.

Congratulations on getting your house sold. No doubt that is a relief not to be carrying that concern over your head. I hope the paperwork goes as smoothly as possible over the days ahead.

Things are beginning to return to normal at work for me, and I'm happy about it. I have been busy but not going through stress, and I'm really enjoying the people lately, even more. Things will be shifting into summer mode soon, which means a much quieter time on campus, but there will be new things to do that I will learn about later.

I notice lately that people around here buy lots of alcohol at all hours. My state has a significant problem with alcohol and drug use that is more evident when I have my eyes open. I have a meeting with my peer counselor next week, with the program that coordinates services for those of us in recovery who need help on things, and I understand why they ask so many questions about substance use history that I now just have to answer a string of "no's" to, but that others are facing like I have.