View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
August252015

To add to my earlier comments- I was very irritated and reactionary in early sobriety too. I recall sometime around 4 mo was notably terrible for me on this score. One vivid memory is being ugly to my mom because...she took a route I didn't like to drive me to an AA meeting. Le sigh.

I did what I said about choosing the folks around me- but I should have said that didn't mean I didn't get annoyed at some of them too, particularly my mother. HA.

My program has given me specifics like what my husband and I call "flipping it" - basically what we call the Big Book talking about "when I am disturbed by someone, something, some situation" (para) turn it back to see what is it about ME that's the problem?
Or...trying to remember that I can keep being irritated or not...

That last one is a note to self bc I woke up pissy today for, oh, no real reason. I'm working my way out of it now that I've been up a couple of hours. And I'm also limiting contact with the outside world

All takes time and even w time, none of us are perfect at being even. Being able to recognize my irritability, irrational junk, even anger as quickly as poss has been a process and I'm better at it - but clearly not immune!