SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Class of May 2018 Part 5
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 04:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Guener

Greetings, my friendly Maysters.

I'm beginning to pull up from feeling slightly slumped after all the energy of the past weeks that went into work. New routines, new things to be done, enjoying a bit more rest, all of it will play out the way that it should if I keep myself gently prodded each day to remember what is important for that day. Working on attitude today.

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ..." is one of my favorite French idioms, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm not quite sure how to evaluate that idea today. It certainly rings true when we look at the outside world. How does it fit into recovery in a general sense, I wonder? Certainly, things within me are changing more and more, slowly, but certain things remain constant. I guess that the primary unchanging thing has to be my sobriety within recovery, keeping that anchor in dealing with the world. More than in the sense of futility that I use to gather out of the expression. I'm not sure why I brought this up, but odd things just pop into my head from time to time.

My priorities for the next month are pretty simple. Stay sober. Get Kitty #2 into the vet. Watch and adjust my current and future finances carefully. There are enough things around that to keep me busy for a number of days. Keeping it down to Earth.

Onward ...
Guener is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guener For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-24-2019), Free2bme888 (04-29-2019), Willow68 (04-26-2019)