View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Surlyredhead
Life is Grand

I too, was easily irritated by just about everything when I first got sober. My emotions were all over the place. I felt like I was caught is a riptide and didn't know how to get out. Eventually, things began to level out and it became easier to see that sometimes, my irritation was at myself and I was projecting it onto everything EXCPET me!

Now, a few 24 hours later, I look back and realize that are very few people in my life that I knew in my drinking days. I had to let go of what I considered friendships in order to keep my Sobriety safe. (it is, after all the most important thing in my life, with out it,, I am lost and nothing else matters) I do have a few lifelong friends that have stood the test of my drunkenness, but they support me unconditionally. As you gain sober days, it will become more clear of who is toxic in your life and who is not. If there is someone who makes you angry, resentful or irritated, then maybe a little distance to decide how important the relationship is might be a good thing. You might see thing differently in a few weeks. Until then, be gentle with yourself, and others too, they probably think they are helping.

Congratulations on three weeks!

Cathy