View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

jdowne04,

I'm glad you're here and writing about your situation. What you've accomplished so far is really amazing. Congratulations on over two weeks sober!

What really helped me in your situation was to make a schedule. That sounds kind of dumb, maybe, but it helped me to focus on Doing Things, a necessary evil when trying to get rid of the boredom.

The schedule can be made up of anything, really. Clean your room, paint the kitchen, play a video game, do a crossword, go to an AA meeting just to check it out (you don't have to like it, but you might maybe be surprised, how would you know without going?), go for a walk, cook something. The important thing is to fill up your day with a variety of things to do so that you can get yourself away from that rut.

I learned from my treatment days that clonazepam isn't such a great idea for people like us. (My primary doctor prescribed it too.) There are other non-addictive medications that can help with sleep and anxiety. You might want to look around for a psychiatrist who has some expertise in addiction.

Just some suggestions for your consideration.

O