View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jdowne04

15 days Sober life seems so boring

Let me start by saying I'm 26 and I got so bad that if I quit drinking for 8 hours I had massive withdraws. I couldn't eat anything for days I barely had soup I was drinking a half a gallon of vodka every 4 days for 2 weeks and before that I drank every day of my life for 5 years but typically only a half a pint a night and 2 beers.

I woke up on the 4th of this month and said I'm done drinking after throwing up nothing every day for a week.

For my first 5 days I thought I was going to die. Massive stomach pain shakes so bad I couldnt even move my mouse to click on a tv show on my PC i had to use 2 hands to hold on to a bottle of water or a spoon. I could barely drink water or eat yogurt which is all I could eat and chicken broth. Lived on that for 3 days before eating some rice and bread on the 4th day. I didn't sleep for 48 hours staring at the walls at night for the first 2 days. I moved back home and thankfully my mom had sleeping pills and I went to sleep for 4 hours.

Went to the doctors 5 days in being sober she gave me Clonazepam to help me sleep and to help with the withdraws I had no insurance but it only cost me 10$ for 21 pills and I was to take 3 a day after that I was a lot better but now coming in my 15th day I'm depressed and bored as hell going to look for a job in a few weeks and my doctor gave me Escitalopram to help with my depression.

I'm so thankful for the Clonazepam and Escitalopram I have no idea how I would make it without it like others here did. My appetite is back to normal and my pshyical issues are gone but yeah it took 5-7 days for the pshyical stuff to end.

Now I'm here to say its all psychological issues now I miss having just a few drinks before bed watching some of my favorite tech tube videos but I'm at home and my mom would know plus I remember the massive withdraws that I had. But GOD life is so boring being sober trying to get back into gaming again. Being 26 all my friends are 3 hours away and though I do have a car they have lives of their own. I'm not a religious person so I will not drag myself to listening to religious speeches at AA.

Running out of things to do and being home is causing me major depression. Next Friday I'm driving to my friends for the weekend but I have no idea how I'm going to make it to then. Plus this darn weather in Michigan makes it hard to go outside and just walk around and do things.

Last edited by jdowne04; 04-19-2019 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling