View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
kenton

I faced an interesting dilemma today. The football team my dad always supported when he was alive is doing really well at the moment. I decided to get flowers in his team's colours to put on his grave. But the flowers never seemed to last long so I did some research and found some fake flowers that look as beautiful as the real thing and I got them in the right colours and put them on dad's grave. Just been to visit the grave and the flowers are gone. They're now on another grave nearby. I know they're my dad's flowers. The colours are unusual and they're exactly the same fake flowers I ordered for my dad. And there's 30 of them! The exact same number I ordered for my dad. But what is the correct etiquette in this situation? What is graveyard protocol? I know they're my dad's flowers but I don't have any proof. And there's always that 0.01% chance I'm wrong. Maybe someone else had exactly the same idea as me and ordered exactly the same fake flowers in exactly the same quantity and colours and maybe my dad's flowers mysteriously vanished at the exact same time as my soul twin placed their identical flowers on their loved one's grave which just so happens to be in close proximity to my dad's grave. Maybe. So, I left the flowers where they are and have ordered some more for dad's grave. If these go missing, I'll have to up my game and think of some ingenious ways to protect the flowers. As I drove home from the graveyard, my mind spinning with ideas about how to set up traps around the new flowers when they arrive, it struck me that my dad would find this hilarious! This is exactly the kind of bizarre nonsense he loved. It made me think about his sense of humour and his laugh. He had such a great laugh. And then I started thinking about all the funny songs he used to make up and all the jokes he would tell. He was such a funny man. It's nice to look back and remember all the laughs we had together. Almost makes me feel grateful to the thief, sorry ... soul twin. And now there'll be 2 graves covered in the colours of my dad's favourite football team and I reckon that will make him smile. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx and thank you Abcowboy for the photo of the tree - love it ❤️♥️♥️