Thread: Detoxing Pain
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Caprice6

are you able to take a day off, call in sick, or just half a day and go to a walk-in clinic? The latter typically take your vital signs, ask aboutnand check out your symptoms and let you off with a prescription that should pull you through the week, in my experience.
I did that too, struggled a week (in sober withdrawal) at the job with horrible tremors. I was partnered up and so embarrassed cuz I could barely type having obvious tremors, not to mention the sweats and agony within I was experiencing no one would understand.
Once my manager hugged me and commented on how I was shaking all over, I had no explanation to give her. She commented on how she had anxiety (but clearly wasn't an alcoholic) and had some meds for it I knew would help me. I prayed she'd offer me at least 1, but couldn't ask. I kept it hidden well, until after a number of times, which also included finding me passed out by my colleagues on the lawn when I didn't return from lunch.
I was eventually respectfully dismissed, the problem being obvious but never mentioned. They had given me so many chances, but I hated that job anyway. Still grateful though (they were compassionate doctors) yet incredibly embarrassing being let go by saying that my job just wasn't for everyone. Cringe worthy day.