View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I understand that she broke the law. She. ran. someone. over. But I think it's a fair picture of what a loved one's alcoholism does to a family.

I don't know what their family dynamics are. I don't know how long they've been living with their son's addictions. I don't know what else they've done to try to address it, or if him living at home was a result of consequences to his drinking. He was 37 and living at home. He pushed his mom. He laid his hands on her. While drunk. Mom was done. And the mug shots look like she wasn't feeling too much remorse by the time they brought her in to the station.

Unless there are some other undisclosed issues, I'd say it's telling of how hard living with a loved one's active alcoholism is when a mother decides to run over her adult child. He's still her child. There's still, I'm sure, in the back of her mind the image of her little boy playing with hot wheels, or playing catch with dad, or some other parental heart-string moment. A parent's love for their child doesn't just go away as they grow. What she did shows a depth of just done and seeing no way to get through to him.