View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Pressmetilihurt

Belated congratulations on your marriage! Okay, maybe 15 days is too early. I can totally understand that part. I'm trying so hard to NOT do my will. I see my therapist today. I usually try to go in and tell him what I think I need to do. because I feel like it's my responsibility to figure all this out. I'm going to try to be open to suggestion.

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Press, great job on 15 days AND that you keep sharing with us- a lot of it has been you going thru the super early hard stuff and we get it.

A few things- first, my sponsor was even more extreme and said I shouldn't entertain so much as a coffee date with someone for TWO years. I was married by then, as it turned out. But that's a whole huge different situation... AND it didn't start at 15 days. No way that could have worked. I simply wasn't able to take care of anyone else's emotional needs in the way I later and now can- I had to figure out how to tend to my OWN!!

Lots of us hear the one year "rule" - and it's not set in stone, but it has so much wisdom and hard learned experience from tons of people. For me, a couple people sparked confused interest by their attention, during my first 90 days - and I was fortunate enough to get out of those initial efforts without damage, bc my intuition for danger was coming back.

And, what Dee said, explained exceptionally well.

There's so much for us to do Press, adding this area is generally too much- in non-alcoholic relationships, beginnings are exciting/nerve inducing/fun/weird/on and on...not good stuff for most of us in early recovery.