View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
noaddedsugar

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Originally Posted by Lucy79 View Post
Good job on pouring the bottle out. That takes A LOT! I'm so sorry for what you and your partner are going through. Does your partner know you are in recovery? I know she wasn't meaning to upset you and probably needed to vent to you, but maybe talk with her that you do not want to hear anything else her mother has to say about you unless it's positive. You know you are a good person and you and your partner love and care about each other, no one else's opinion matters.
Thankyou! That is a whole other topic altogether. My partner doesn't really think I need to be in recovery and isn't mega supportive of the no drinking thing but she's getting used to it aha. I'm doing what I need to do I think I am just going to say I'd rather not know if her mom says anything negative about me because I am so damn sensitive. It's silly because she doesn't even know me.. I've only met her about 3 times and I've been nothing but polite so her dislike can't be of me as a person... but she sure as hell makes it seem personal.

On another note had a catchup with a friend over a meal today.. It was nice. She was going to order a glass of wine and hinted on about sharing a bottle. Fleeting thought of "well one wouldn't hurt" came and went. Said I was just going to order a soft drink. She ended up just getting one too but I felt like she was slightly disappointed? Maybe I'm just paranoid. We had a lovely night anyway and instead of going for a cocktail after we went for a coffee.