View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ConfusedGuy

Unhappy Day 7 - Alc. Hepatitis

Just checking in, Ive been posting a lot this last week. I am just got back from work, feeling a bit sad to be honest. Dont want a drink. I went to Doctor as I wrote on another thread to get results from Tuesday.

So I do have Alcoholic Hepatitis. its early stage and it seems like a fair few things either too high or too low in the blood as well. Doctor keeps on telling me how I must not have another drink. He seems really serious. But I am too, seems like I have stopped just in time maybe.

And I have to go back in a few weeks for more tests to see if things
improve.

I am told it will repair with time but only if I don't drink, or else it will soon get a lot worse. I suppose I should be glad to hear that I can do something about it. But to be honest I just felt quite sad and reflective all day. And at one point I did think 'Oh **** it, what's the point', but of course its stupid thoughts.

But Im not going to drink, I have felt so positive last couple of days - and Im so sick of alcohol. And Ive had such nice messages and support, I will get day 7 at 03:00 in the morning. Just feeling miserable seeing other people going out on Friday, and stuck here alone for the weekend. I have a plan to keep busy.

Im not going to get into self-pity. I hate this. Its not good and Im just not that kind of person, people have worse things.

I guess I will have a nice bath, eat some healthy food ( that's something else I have to do! ), watch tv or a movie until I fall asleep and then its tomorrow.

But how the hell did I ever get to this.

Last edited by Dee74; 04-12-2019 at 04:22 PM.