Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
HopeandCope1988

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I'm hoping his vodka and diet pepsi isn't consumed in your car. I assume the drunk driving laws are pretty standard across north america and having open alcohol in your vehicle can end in a fine or being charged , just something to keep in mind.

Well him hurting your Mother through you is another good reason not to JADE. You know if you are consistent with this he might just give up altogether with the abuse. It's no fun to bully someone that doesn't participate.

I wouldn't have gone on a road trip with my Dad and he wasn't even all that mean lol - I do wish you luck and I hope it's better than you anticipate.
Trailmix,

Unfortunately, he will. But I drive, not him. And that's on him. I do know for a fact he would take all responsibility, should something happen, so that I don't face anything. But again, I drive, so that helps. I know that's enabling, however, what am I, a 30 year old, going to tell my 74 year old father. "No! You can't do that!". I wish it were that simple, and I've tried. Falls on deaf ears.

As for Not JADE-ing(?? lol), I 100% agree. I really think that this is the approach that I'm going to take on this trip, along with using the things I've learned with meditation.

I've been taking trips with Dad since I was a kid... it's just what we do. And again, I appreciate him for all that he's done. And I'm also grateful that he doesn't drink like he used to, but luckily, I'm going in to this trip anticipating that it will be good, instead of bad. Maybe that will help too.

Much love and peace,
- C -