Old 04-11-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HopeandCope1988

Well, it's not so simple. Or maybe it is. You're absolutely correct, I don't have to. However, despite how he can be when he drinks, the good that my Father has done for me is much greater. He wants to make memories for me to have, for when he's gone. He wants me to go places, and see as much as possible. And honestly, I wouldn't trade these trips for the world.

I do it for the man that raised me, and made sure that I didn't go hungry, or went homeless, etc. It's a sucky situation. I just really don't know what to do.

I'm afraid that I'll regret it if I don't take these trips with him, and that alone is something I cannot stand. His nasty attitude when he drinks will never change (by the way, this only towards me, not others.) but as you said, my response can.

It's a balance I guess. I feel that since he actually wants to make memories for me, I can do it. Just wanting to learn on how to maybe respond better, instead of getting so irritated and argumentative back with him.

With the trip last year, I actually turned the car around. Hopefully, I won't have to this time. Hopefully, as I said, I can implement some of my meditation practices, as well as just ignoring him when he gets that way until he gives up, and we ride in silence.