Old 04-11-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Numblady

NC—I totally agree. I know our class has kind of dropped off but there is absolutely no way I would be here having gotten this far and looking at continuing for the rest of my life without the support of the forum but in particular this group. I still compose imaginary posts to you all in my head albeit that it’s harder to actually get around to posting. Actually I guess that’s about the same as it ever was for me.

I’m feeling a little better about the whispering AV. A couple of days ago I found an old FB message from March from an old friend who has long since moved away. She was coming through town and wanted to visit but of course that didn’t work since I didn’t see the message until April. I wrote back and was just really honest that I was sad to have missed her especially because she had posted on FB about being sober and it was really motivational to me. It felt great to unburden that with someone who knows me already. She said she actually got sober not long after she and I made a crazy trip to New Orleans for Jazz Fest a long time ago. Actually I just remember it as a debauched fun weekend but I do think we took some mini thins or something for more energy. They made me feel gross. I guess she was going through more than I understood at the time. Or maybe she was just visionary in seeing what path she was on and it took me 20 years. She does AA and Alanon so it will be interesting to get her insights on things. I’m also thinking I can/should reach out to other people in my life who I know are sober. That kind of accountability and support may also help in the long run. Because right now, other than Sunflower and my kids there really aren’t any sober people in my real life world. But I do have the power to change that, it seems.

Well...groan...time to work out. Blech. Have a good day!