Thread: Need to stop
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Rich45

Originally Posted by CincyFin View Post
What you are going through is very typical and I can relate. I would suggest getting involved in AA, find a sponsor and start working the steps. For me, I had to do an inpatient at a treatment facility more than once. I currently am at 126 days without a drink and am feeling great. I had the same problems as you sleeping and now I sleep like a baby. I would highly suggest an inpatient treatment program. Insurance will pay for it most the time and you can take fmla from your job and they can't fire you. It saved my life.
Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
I had the same routine. Work 9-5, to the liquor store for my 750ml of vodka, drink it all, asleep/passed out by 9 or 10, wake up at 7. Go to work, avoid people, repeat. It's a hard cycle to break. Every day around 4 I would say....today I'm going STRAIGHT HOME after work, not stopping to get liquor. Then before I knew it, I was standing in line at the liquor store. Never ending nightmare.
What made you finally quit? I haven’t had that thing. I never got a dwi, have a great job, great kids, good wife, however we fight when she drinks to much and lately it’s been a lot. I am a super happy drunk, she is not. She is miserable. Nice house, cars that kind of superfiscal crap. I feel like if I could only have drinks till I catch a buzz then stop. Last couple days I drink till I eat it then I drink even faster. I can’t win. I don’t think to drink faster it just happens. I catch myself drinking a glass in 5 minutes or less. 3-4 shots a glass. I try to slow it down but just keeps going. Do you think there is a way to not be like this?