Thread: Need to stop
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rich45

Originally Posted by CincyFin View Post
What you are going through is very typical and I can relate. I would suggest getting involved in AA, find a sponsor and start working the steps. For me, I had to do an inpatient at a treatment facility more than once. I currently am at 126 days without a drink and am feeling great. I had the same problems as you sleeping and now I sleep like a baby. I would highly suggest an inpatient treatment program. Insurance will pay for it most the time and you can take fmla from your job and they can't fire you. It saved my life.
i am self employed with some major contracts. I have said about 10 times this year that if I drink again going in rehab. Then I justify it. Remembering when I quit for short periods of times my problem is first 2 weeks drained. Then after the nights get so boring I have no idea what to do with myself. I feel like everything I do is revolves around drinking. Football games, beach, whatever. I don’t have many friends where I live but I avoid people like the plague. My family actually breaks my chops about it. I have a lot of friends but they are from where I live. By no means do I feel lonely. I live on a culdsac and avoid my neighbors like you wouldn’t believe, and we like each other. As soon as I feel like I’m too drunk to carry on a conversation I make sure to kill the lights. Odd..... I always felt/feel I am strong enough to quit but as someone mentioned in another message it will get worse. This year I have noticed that things I am letting fall apart. I lost contracts that were too demanding. Drinking is a full time job and my real job has become almost part time. Even though I work 40 hours a week. I used to work 60-70. I am not drinking today but think about how will I feel tomorrow.