View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forwards

Reflecting on 100 days

Well, there it is in front of me. Day 100 has just begun.

Many aspects of my life have improved over this time. My anxiety is gradually lifting, my mind is clearing of mental fog and I am physically stronger and healthier. I am trying to expand my emotional and spiritual outlook, though this is still slow progress.

My mental health team have commented that I seem to be doing much better. I am though still cautious though and can't help feeling that there must be a few hidden bumps ahead on the road to recovery. I read others' thoughts here on self sabotage and ruefulness looking back and I relate entirely. There are still worries there.

I have been sticking to SR like glue and working with my various counsellors at frequent intervals. This latter support is becoming less intensive so I will be looking for additional strategies going forwards. Beyond all this however I am grateful to be sober and present and able to work on all these areas. I must not forget that a year ago I was on the point of drinking myself to death.

Thank you all for your support in this shared adventure. I wish you all well in your own recoveries.

Forwards.