Thread: My PTSD is back
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Action

I now from others that there are trigers that can set off monetary things such as a Vietnam veteran having problems with a light flickering in a bathroom in a hotel room that he just checked into with his wife. The light flickered after he turned it on and he hit the deck, floor like he was in 1968 in Vietnam. He said that almost instantly he realized what he did and it was over. My PTSD came from my marriage and I've been open about it in AA I have gotten a great deal of advice from veterans on PTSD the most memorable was I have to stand up and walk through it, I didn't know what that ment at the time but you can't side step it and sweep it under the rug.from time to time they check in with me and ask how I'm doing with it. I still have walls that I would like to deal with but I'm so much better. PTSD is somthing you must actively treat, I use a therapist trained in EMDR. My drinking started as a self medication but the alcohol pulled me in so lm very cautious about symptoms as they are my trigger for drinking.
Action