Old 04-09-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

PS: I'm sorry to hear things are a bit of a whirlwind right now. I am so happy you are squeezing in some 'me' time to go to the salon today, I hope you enjoy this little time out from the demands of others and can relax a little, if only ephemerally! I know getting away at the weekend, even just for the night, made me feel at least human again. My grandad has dementia, though it's relatively early stages, and I know it is a long and difficult path. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. I hope your dogs can work things out soon - has this ever happened before? I know my parents' dog has gotten cantankerous with age. Happy to hear things are going well with your student!

Thank you all for the well wishes re: masters course. I get little bouts of panic every so often when I think about the time commitment and how it's going to pan out around work and riding (and life admin in general!), but I try to just not engage those thoughts for now. I'll cross that bridge and deal with it as it comes.

I forgot to mention, I watched the movie 'Beautiful Boy' recently, have any of you seen it, or read the book? It's about the son of a journalist who becomes an addict. It's very well made and though uncomfortable to watch, I feel it did such a great job of capturing the heartbreak of addiction, not only on the individual, but the whole family.

I have a work meeting tomorrow that I am absolutely dreading - I've definitely been stress eating and I think this is one of the main reasons, so hoping once it's over, I can try claw back some control in that department.

Hi to NL, Sunflower, Dee and anyone else out there!