Old 04-09-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! I tried to post yesterday, but I don't see it now? Anyway, what I basically said was that I'm trying to hold everything together and not doing the best job. My husband is driving me crazy, my mom's health problems (especially dementia) are becoming steadily worse, my dogs have started to viciously fight with each other, and work has been much busier than usual - which is good, but just limits my time to deal with the other stuff. On the plus side, we still have our lovely French student, who has quickly become part of the family, albeit one who appreciates my cooking and is generally lower-maintenance than the rest of the group. Also on the plus side, today is a telework day and I'm going to sneak out to get my hair and nails done this afternoon at a really nice salon.

NewChapter, I'm so happy that you made it to a spa, that sounds absolutely amazing and completely necessary, given that you were getting up hourly (!!!) for a project! And if I haven't said it already, HUGE congratulations on your masters program. I have no doubt you'll do an amazing job.

Numblady, the description of your well-rested weekend makes me so happy! I keep thinking of you and your office as I watch Mad Men, which is crazy in its depiction of sexism and also, alcohol abuse! Wow! I'm only on season 2, so it's round-the-clock drinking for most of the characters, but the consequences haven't become unbearable yet. They did have one person who was sent to rehab, but so far has not been heard from again.

OK, I'm off to make breakfast for these 3 kids and get myself going for the day. I hope everyone is doing well, hi to Scotty, Sunflower, and Dee too!