Old 04-08-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Polaroid

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I would suggest that you make a firm reservation and arrange to go. You said you were going "on thursday" a couple weeks ago but I'm guessing you didn't? Don't mess around if you know what you need to do - just call and get there.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7151517 (Super Scared - About to Detox)
I know. I chickened out. I promise you I won't this time though, even though the mental pain during withdrawal is .... gosh, I can't even describe how awful it is.

I should have learned from a previous thread (Let go of my "precious" wine) I made, right after a detox.

What am I doing? What did I promise myself at the hospital as I was turning, tossing, crawling in bed because of the extreme anxiety this leads to? Jumping at the slightest sudden noise, closing the drapes because daylight was too bright for me. Getting nauseous at the sight of food. Pillow drenched in sweats. Legs shaking so bad I could barely walk. Stop it. It's not too late to stop. OR, keep going and you'll be right back at detox within a couple weeks, yet again going through the torture that is withdrawals. Is this a cycle you want to continue?
Why do I keep relapsing... I have tapered, but, well... I've tried to moderate - I've learned it is impossible for me.

Total abstinence is the key, even though I have to through several months of PAWS....

Thanks for responding, Scott, and everyone else.