Old 04-08-2019, 12:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class - Happy New Thread! Thanks Dee :-)

NL: Sorry, it appears our my last post crossed with yours as I hadn't seen the new thread before Dee kindly moved my post over here! I'm so sorry work is so tough at the moment, juggling all those various stressors is so taxing, particularly when the actual workload itself is burden / challenge enough, without the added drama. I am SO happy that you had a wonderful weekend free from work-work and that you got to tackle some domestic chores, chill with your kids and most importantly, catch up on some sleep and reset the batteries after a crazy tough week. I hope this week goes better.

The night away at the spa was soooo nice. We got down a little later than we hoped as got caught up in work before being able to hit the road, but once we got down there, we totally disconnected - literally! We turned phones off for an entire 24 hours and it was bliss to just not be hounded by email and obligations. We chilled at the spa area and while hubby went for a swim I just kicked back in a lounge chair in my robe and read my book (they had this cool infinity pool that I was just a bit jealous I didn't get to try!). Then we had an amazing meal in the hotel restaurant and I had a bubblebath before bed. I actually cannot remember the last time I had a bubble bath, probably not since I was a teenager! The next day we visited family who live near the hotel and got to see all their cute little sheep and lambs before heading home. Hubby had a night out with friends, so I got a nice night to myself, though we had a client go live on a different time zone that I was monitoring, so I was up every hour or so to check on that. Yesterday I had a nice riding lesson and then we just had a relatively quiet day before early to bed and a nice early start to the new week. Oh and yes! Thankfully infection is almost cleared!

Did I tell y'all that I have been accepted to the Masters programme? I don't know if you remember I had applied last year and got accepted, but ultimately had to turn it down as I just had too much on my plate. They wouldn't allow me to defer, and I agonised over applying again this year, but I did and I've been accepted and i'm going to go for it! I've decided to just make it work. I've wanted this for so long, and I'm fast realising that there is no 'perfect' time or circumstances for anything (well, not that I've experienced!), so if you want something, you kind of just have to roll with the punches and make it happen as best you can! I'll be starting in September.

Hope everyone is doing great!