Old 04-04-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Numblady

Can’t lie. Super jealous of the spa day, NC, even if there’s no spa involved. I was down at the capitol for 13 hours Tuesday and a mere ten yesterday (but I worked a half day in the office first and we got down there at noon). While all of this is going on I’ve got personnel drama, people not helping when I need them to, staff dealing with serious family issues, no end in sight, and my husband just left town for five days so I’m solo with the kids to boot. I couldn’t sleep well last night from all the caffeine and stress. My head hurts from being tired. And of course there’s no rest for the weary. Just get to plow back into it all again today and hopefully try to catch up some on all the stuff that piled up while I was stuck downtown. And what may be bothering me kind of the most is that for all that time I spent down at the capitol I didn’t do that great a job when it was my turn to actually talk. I need a giant hug and a lot of sleep but instead I’m about to wake the kids up and get them ready for school and that usually involves a lot of screaming and fighting and consternation. As does bedtime. So all in all a lot of awesome things happening.

Sorry to be so negative. I’’m just really exhausted and the lack of a break in sight makes it harder.

PS Glad to hear about the exciting things on the horizon — and I can imagine they would definitely be energizing. Hooray! Funny you reference Mad Men. That’s actually what someone who left our agency picked to describe our office. With the ladies fetching coffee and water and such. We’re an agency of 80% or more women but of course at the top level it’s approx 80% men. Maybe less than that. Too tired to do the math in my head. Some of them of course I really love and admire but some I don’t feel like have to do much to have the jobs they do.

NC sorry about the infection. That does sound really irritating!

I digress. I feel a little better after just barfing all this out on the screen so thanks for listening.