Old 04-03-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Soberfitness, let me offer another take on the time frame aspect of forever as part of the BP.

When I was thinking about my own BP, I understood I could choose not to drink this minute. And this minute. And this minute too. Whenever I got anxious about the whole concept of never drinking again, I told myself I could not drink for a minute very very easily. This then became 'I vow to never drink in the present moment' or 'I will never now drink'. Well what about in the future? No matter, because if you choose, you can decide that all actions, all experience, all being, can only happen, can exist only in the present.

What sealed the deal when I made this big plan was the immense feeling of relief. The AV wanted the deep pleasure that alcohol brings with it, but the rest of me, the best of me, was so very tired of the hangovers, the nausea, the blackouts, the depression, anxiety, shame and self loathing. The relief that came from the deep knowing that these were done for good was almost a giddiness, a giggling happiness that touched every part of my life.

You can do forever, Soberfitness. That's where the joy lies. Onward!