Old 04-03-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Thinking of not drinking in the future made me drink again, now I’m just taking one day at a time
Are you familiar with RR/AVRT ? Through that lens the AV is any positive thought, image or feeling of future drinking and any doubt in your ability to remain abstinent. And that ending an addiction is to recognize and separate from those thoughts and dispel the doubt.

In AVRT agreeing with , listening to and acting on AV is the cause of active addiction.

Taking your statement literally turns that (AVRT) completely on its head, I don't at all doubt that what you said isn't true. I know the idea of never drinking again was so overwhelming that it lead to me deciding to have more booze to quiet the overwhelmingness.

After learning about AVRT I was able to recognize that the feeling of being overwhelmed at the prospect of never getting any more booze was a projection of my Beast's fear via my AV that without separation had Me convinced that living in a way to make sure I'd never again be a drunk, was too overwhelming a prospect to endure.

Crazy , right ?! Never being a drunk again is a crazy/scary proposition? wtf ?!