View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 01:45 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Guener

It's April Fools Day, and it's a day of remembrance for me, as it was on that day that I had a DUI that really put my world into a tailspin four years ago. It is hard to believe that it has been that long since that day and that it takes such a long time to get set into a place of recovery instead of where I was at the time. I am grateful for where I am now vs. then.

I'm a little anxious about Monday, too, Free. There's so much to be done in the next couple of weeks ahead. On Friday evening I received an email calling me to serve on a jury tomorrow (Tuesday). You never know how long those are going to be. Since it may interfere with my conference executing responsibilities I am going to see if work can give me a letter to get me out of it, to get my service deferred until later, since I'm the point person for making sure everything happens from now and through the conference. Otherwise, we'll have to work out another solution for things getting done.

That possibility of a grant coming in to some faculty members I work with has moved to the interview stage for them, so that iron is still in the fire for additional future income/work for me. I am not counting flowers yet, but I'm hopeful on this front that things are moving along.

Onward ...