View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
wildflower70

Thanks Final, my son does understand the dynamics of my alcohol abuse and had forgiven me a long time ago. I have continued to rebuild a healthy relationship with my son and his family (wife and 3 grandbabies)

My daughter is the one who won't let it go, and admitted to me a few days ago that the choices I have made in my recovery aren't good enough either! I can't win with her.

My son told me me a few years back, when I was relapsing on a regular basis and an emotional wreck over the loss of my daughter, "Mom, you need to find PEACE, more than you need your daughter."

His statement literally saved my life. I do need that internal peace, the kind of peace that only comes from forgiving oneself and letting go of the guilt and shame of past mistakes.

So, I have decided to stand my ground with my daughter, even if that means loosing her forever. I will not be called a horrible person, a piece of ****, or told that my recovery efforts aren't good enough.

I will walk away from her too, if I have to, to protect my sobriety. Because I can tell you for certain that this pain and guilt has kept me stuck in the cycle of addiction for way too long. The buck stop here.

Thank you for being here, I really need you guys right now (and always)
:grou phug: