View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Huge congratulations on 1.5 years Suze and Goat!!

I've been so wrapped up in my happinness bubble lately, life obviously thought I needed a little wake up call this morning. Probably thought I needed to remember that this isn't eutopia, I haven't got there yet. Obviously thought I needed reminding that whilst there are many magnificant souls sharing this planet with me, there are also some fairly ridiculous ones. So I was at a busy tube station walking towards an escalator this morning during rush hour so it was really crammed with people. I was in my own little world thinking about the age of the moon and when I can get to yoga this week and wondering what happened to that New Horizons probe that NASA launched back in 2006.... Where is that probe now? I need to Google it.... Anyway, basically I was walking towards an escalator, heading to work, minding my own business when suddenly this man walked really close to me and leaned towards me and I thought he was going to ask me directions or something but he didn't . He said something disgusting. Not going to type it here... let's just say it was completely inappropriate for Monday morning rush hour. Or any day of the week actually .... at any hour. It's the kind of thing strangers don't generally say to each other. Not in my world anyway. Maybe I'm a prude but I found it very inappropriate and quite shocking. And after he said it, he walked on. And I turned round in shock and from behind he looked like a totally normal person. And then I carried on towards the escalator and said a little prayer of gratitude that I don't have to live inside that man's head. What a peculiar place that must be. Happy to report the happinness bubble is still intact and maybe that was life's test for me today. Maybe life needed to see whether a disgusting, inappropriate comment would slice through my happiness and leave me despairing of humans and our society as a whole. It didn't. In fact, it made me notice and appreciate the hundreds of people I saw on my commute this morning who didn't make disgusting, inappropriate comments. There'll always be an occasional oddball but on the whole, people are good. And that balanced kind of thinking is something I didn't do so well when I was drinking. So thank you rude, random oddball.... Thank you life and thank you sobriety. More lessons learned. Love to everyone and 24 more for me and Jo please xx
If you ever see that piece of rubbish that passes for a human man again love, try and take his photo....and take it to the police. He will be arrested...there are a few different charges.

I am so very sorry that happened to you. It has happened to me a number of times....and even though I am a long way from 16 (first time it happened), I still get extremely upset. Just glad you are able to see that the good people outweigh the bad.

You are amazing, always.